Our Wild 944 -- Chevy V8 powered Porsche !

The Most Wild Weekend Racer!

Progress Updates

view:  full / summary

4/13/11

Posted by Ethan Marvick on April 13, 2011 at 11:45 PM Comments comments (3)

Time has been flying by, sorry for not updating earlier. We are in the home stretch, almost got the car fired last weekend 04/02 but the exhaust was giving me a few problems, always seems that way, the last thing that has to go in has to go around everything else, but it’s getting there. Ethan and his friend Reggie have been doing the wiring for the last couple of weekends; they have it all ready to go. All the gauges are in and functioning, the main thing left is a bunch of small sheet...

Read Full Post »

2/1/11

Posted by Ethan Marvick on February 11, 2011 at 11:39 AM Comments comments (0)

Wow what a winter. Been really cold up here so not as much headway as I would like. Where are we now? Front suspension is almost done, we are reinforcing the stamped steel A-Arms with 1 inch thick wall square tubing. The lower A-Arms have always been suspect on the 944, a person can go with the aluminum ones but frankly they are not much better – just lighter. We are going to be under weight so I have no problem adding a few pounds to the un-sprung weight of the car. Building new lower ...

Read Full Post »

9/13/10

Posted by Ethan Marvick on September 29, 2010 at 6:53 PM Comments comments (0)

Well, we got a little bad news this last week. Seems the wing we wanted to run is not legal in SOLO events. That is too bad, it really looked good, and this really lowers the COOL factor a bunch.

 

Anyway, we got some good stuff done. The driver’s side rear fender is taking shape and I got some extra practice time in on my new TIG welder and that allowed us to get the bell housing patched up. Now we can get the clutch and pressure plate on the motor and set the distance...

Read Full Post »

8/23/10

Posted by Ethan Marvick on August 23, 2010 at 2:08 AM Comments comments (0)

Wow, been awhile since we updated you all, sorry about that, but mid summer stuff getting in the way – you know how it is. O.K. let get you caught up. Lets start with the front end. We built the brake blower intakes and we were trying to mount everything up – BUT something was wrong, nothing was fitting? After trying to make it all fit, I decided we needed to take the entire front end apart. We found out very quickly that when I first welded up the radiator intake area, I missed t...

Read Full Post »

06/12/10

Posted by Ethan Marvick on June 14, 2010 at 11:50 AM Comments comments (0)

Well we have been busy, last weekend we put the engine back in the car so we could work on mounting the splitter. We built the lower splitter mount and we set the splitter at 5.5 inches off the ground and about 6inches ahead of the upper splitter, this mount will also be part of the radiator mount. We spent a lot of time looking at the front fenders and figuring just how we were going to widen and mount the front fenders. We had thought about just building front fenders but we wanted to keep ...

Read Full Post »

5/21/10

Posted by Ethan Marvick on May 24, 2010 at 5:08 PM Comments comments (0)

 

Started getting everything ready for the motor build over the Memorial Day weekend. We matched the ports on the heads and intake manifold; this is a very important step in getting the most out of your engine. I can tell you one thing, porting an aluminum head is SOOOOOOO much easier than a cast head, it only took us 1 hour to do both heads and the intake. As you can see by the pictures in the gallery the ports narrowed at the top a great deal and by matching and softening the tra...

Read Full Post »

05/17/10

Posted by Ethan Marvick on May 17, 2010 at 7:41 PM Comments comments (0)

Ethan took the block back to the machine shop so it could be washed out one more time after grinding and to install the cam bearing, we should be just about ready to put this beast together on Saturday, were’s hoping.

 

05/16/10

Posted by Ethan Marvick on May 17, 2010 at 7:40 PM Comments comments (0)

We picked up the block from the machine shop Saturday morning, he wanted us to do any grinding on the block we wanted too, we added a little relief on the block where the crank comes close, due to the stroker crank and we ground off all the flashings in the oil returns in the lifter valley.

 

I couldn’t resist the chance to mock-up the motor just to see what it was going to look like. Take a look at the pictures in the Photot Gallery, LOOOOKING GOOOOD. Just to wal...

Read Full Post »

05/07/10

Posted by Ethan Marvick on May 12, 2010 at 5:23 PM Comments comments (0)

We have been busy the last couple of weekends. Started cutting out some of the sheet metal panels for the right side of the rear quarter panel – Pictures to follow. Bid and won a few more parts from E-bay, got a new Moroso 3 qt. Oil Accumulator (ACCUSUMP), and another Nascar front Splitter for the front end, got a killer deal on the splitter at only $20.50 plus shipping. Pulled the old motor out this weekend and got it taken apart, went well except for 1 freeze plug that gave us fits, i...

Read Full Post »

Plans for Sunday 04/04/10

Posted by Ethan Marvick on April 2, 2010 at 12:55 AM Comments comments (0)

This sunday we plan to finish tacking the quarter panles in place. Then we are going to start the wire framing to mold our quarters into our white concept photo.


Rss_feed